Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Windowmania

New van floor protection
« on: June 11, 2010, 07:55:37 pm »
I am gonna buy a new van. Thinking of using protecta kote instead of speedliner. Anyone had experience with protecta kote? Pros and cons would be great. Anyone know what sort of money I am looking at for speedliner for a Renault traffic?
Ben

Robin Ray

Re: New van floor protection
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 08:17:33 pm »
Another alternative is a custom made plastic tray which can be removed. I would not recomend protecta-coat, it isnt all that durable and its hard to wipe down.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 09:29:45 pm »
Protecta kote is not up to the job and you will have to keep giving it extra coats.  I have seen a few vans done in it and it just doesn't last. 

Have a look at a fibreglass floor, it is what WFP companies used before the speed-liner came along.  If it is up to the job for flat roofs on the home, and repairs on boat hulls then it will keep the water off your van floor.  It also comes in non slip.

Peter

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 10:11:06 pm »
If it's a lease purchase van I don't think they'll be too pleased to get it back with that gunge in it.

I haven't put anything in mine.
It's not going to rust in 3 or 4 years. I've had mine 3 and a bit and not a spot of brown anywhere, and to be fair it's dripping wet in there.