Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

coyote7

Micro Splitter whats the hype?
« on: April 27, 2010, 12:10:48 am »
Hi Guys,

Read lots of posts on here recently with references to micro splitters. I use prochem presprays usually multi pro/ prespray gold depending on the fibre. My question is are micro splitters that much of a better product that produces better results or is it purely just a matter of opinion ???

Rich ;D

Simon@arenaclean

Re: Micro Splitter whats the hype?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 12:52:10 am »
Can of worms ;D

I would always recommend trying different chemicals, not everyone agrees and it's always best to try for yourself. The best thing since sliced bread for one might be useless for another, it's what you feel comfortable in using. Some M/S suppliers you might try are Cleansmart, Amtech, Solutions and Prochems powder Pure Clean. I know there are various versions both safe for wool and heavy duty versions for synthetics. I have had good results with M/S but by no means do I use it exclusively. If it's a minger powerpurst with a suitable rinse for me. I have to say I have also had excellent results with Chemspec's detergent free DFC range. Both 105 and 210. There is also Nemesis from Restormate or the Solutions version MPower. I would say all these need good agitation but dilutions are low and very cost effective.

It's not all hype they do work but they form a part of an overall package of solutions I use.

Simon

derek west

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 07:40:07 am »
for me, M/S's give me an alternative attempt if my first approach doesn't get the results. i couldn't walk away without trying everything possible. you'll be amazed what M/S's can get out that detergents can't and visa versa. but its always detergents first for me. M/S's are usually used with a buffer when my detergents haven't quite done the trick. there residue free so don't need a rinse after bonneting.

just my opinion though.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 05:09:55 pm »
We've been using Prochem Pure Clean for years now but only ever on upholstery. We've tried it on domestic carpet cleaning and it is REALLY good, very impressed. Can't think why we didn't try it sooner.

Simon

coyote7

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 06:05:52 pm »
Thanks for your thoughts guys. I am always prepared to give something else a go. I had a little look on clean smart and noticed a few which seem look for like in regards to price and what they aim to achieve but just seems to be detergent free does anyone use these?

Colin Day

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 06:18:28 pm »
I use M Power and it's fantastic stuff and a little goes a long long way. I still use other stuff too but M Power is my first choice every time.... I'm picking up some Fusion 8 this week to give that a go too, I've heard some very good things about it and I'm itching to try it out.... :)

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 06:20:39 pm »
I use the Cornish ones for EOT cleans. Usually the Standard but I have had very good results with Fusion 8. You do not need to agitate quite as much on a real monger. Cold water rinse saves a lot of bother with empty flats.
Rarely use anything else.

God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 06:46:43 pm »
I use the Amtech ms they are very good ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 08:15:28 pm »
i use cleansmarts micro splitters wool - x and rinse - x and both have worked well for me 

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 08:46:13 pm »
Thanks for your thoughts guys. I am always prepared to give something else a go. I had a little look on clean smart and noticed a few which seem look for like in regards to price and what they aim to achieve but just seems to be detergent free does anyone use these?
I've used Spilt X and wool X from cleansmart very good results. Pure Clean very good and amtech too all good.

richie

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 03:30:18 am »
Simon, 
Pure Clean
Multi-purpose carpet cleaning powder with new soap-free, enzyme-free and fragrance-free formula. Use in extraction, bonnet, spray cleaning and spotting for complete rinse and residue free cleaning. I have been banging on for years about how good Prochem Pure Clean is on carpets yet it has taken you till now to try it.  At last you have seen the light. 

Coyote,
Prochem Pure Clean  is a really good all round performer on just about everything from suites to carpets.  The only thing i seemed to have a problem cleaning when using Prochem Pure Clean is berber carpets (god knows why).  Pure Clean works out really cheap to use unlike many of the liquid type micro splitters. In the past i have found that when using liquid type micro splitters that it can leave a white residue from over spray that i may have not wiped off.
It is advisable to have a range of chemicals on your van because there will be occasions that you find some wont work as well as others.  As for which ones are best, this really will be a case of trial different ones.  Prochem do have a superb range of chemicals.  In addition to the chemicals that you currently use i would strong recommend that you also carry Pure Clean & Power Burst on your van.  There are people that preach that detergent based chemicals leave a residue in the carpet, this is only the case if you fail to rinse extract the carpet correctly.
Chemicals such as M Power & Nemesis are like Marmite, you either love them or hate them, personally im still yet to see the WOW factor that some people rave on about with this type of chemical. I cleaned a night club for a friend the other week using M Power and yes it worked but to be honest the carpets in the club are cleaned every 5 or 6 weeks so id expect even cheap n cheerful pre sprays to work as the soil build up isnt on the carpet long enough to cause a problem.
Solutions UK do have 2 chemicals that im fond of using, RX Spotter is a good spotter and Fusion Clean for use with bonnet systems.

Richie.

clinton

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 07:58:40 am »
Coyote

It takes time to get used to m s  some good points above and as richie said you either love it or not ::)

derek west

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 08:19:58 am »
Coyote

It takes time to get used to m s  some good points above and as richie said you either love it or not ::)

M/S marmite splitters ;D

richie

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 09:09:20 am »
Can always rely on you Derek for the jokes.... ;D

edward coller

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 11:38:21 am »
lots of us use m/s whats the reason for not seeing them in th supermarkets?? simon