Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Recent work
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:25:43 pm »
Is anyone else finding it going absolutely crazy recently. The phone is off the hook and Im just getting work coming in left right and centre.

Ive picked up £700 of gutters since Friday.

Windows are plentiful, I was intending on selling some old work at the end of the year, if this carries on Ill be flogging it middle of the summer.

dazmond

Re: Recent work
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 05:34:32 pm »
im getting a steady stream of jobs through recommendation.eg. a custy giving my number out to a potential new custy.ive picked up £160 of new regular window cleaning work in a week!plus a steady stream of conny roof cleans,the odd fascia/soffit clean.

im happy! ;D ;D ;D.its about time!didnt pick up much in the winter months!
price higher/work harder!

dmlservices

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 06:57:16 pm »
picking up loads of conservatory roofs and fascia cleans , i  also think the hard winter we have just had ,has got rid of a few window cleaners whe could not hack it , and moved on to something else.

daz

cleewindows

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 07:00:17 pm »
ive picked up a £200 drive clean
and 2 gutter cleans worth £140 this week so far and 3 window cleaning jobs!

prestigeclean

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 07:50:50 pm »
my canvasser picked up a £300 domestic today to be done every 6 weeks regards alan

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 08:00:01 pm »
Yeah, I've been meaning for the last couple of years to push the PVC/conny roof cleaning a bit but to be honest I just haven't got time. I've gone from a 4 week cycle to 6 weeks on regular cleans. My previous 6 weekers are now 8 weeks!!!!!!

I keep taking the cream & dropping the skimmed, I don't advertise or canvass & still it keeps rolling in. I only quote quality stuff these days & pass the rest on.

Happy days. :D :D :D

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 08:17:55 pm »

I think a lot of it is the fall-out from the Iceland volcano...loads of brown dust on cars and windows. That and the sun is finally out and shows up the crappy state of windows.

Long warm days...grab the work whilst the going is good!

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 12:38:38 am »
Love posts like these ... jacking my job in next month and starting W/C business ... lifts my confidence  :D

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 03:30:56 pm »
Ive just picked up a load of houses near me that was done but some dole fiddlling scumbag.......trouble is he was only charging a fiver a house!

I had to explain to the custies that this is ACTUALLY my only job and I have to try and earn a living and not just beer money ::)
You can't polish a turd

cleewindows

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 04:19:35 pm »
well done m8,im going to be doing the same shortly too!theres a idiot saying he will clean windows and guttering for a fiver!
I shall pick up whatever he loses or never does again and tell them i will clean them properly but its minimum £9 a house for windows only!
Ive just picked up a load of houses near me that was done but some dole fiddlling scumbag.......trouble is he was only charging a fiver a house!

I had to explain to the custies that this is ACTUALLY my only job and I have to try and earn a living and not just beer money ::)

daz1977

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 04:24:35 pm »
window and gutters for a 5, :-X

cleewindows

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 04:26:25 pm »
thats what i was told,lol
some idiot scribbing on bits of paper and posting through letter boxes.
 ;D

cleewindows

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 04:27:37 pm »
maybe i will charge £60 and pay him £5 per job,sounds like a plan

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 04:28:44 pm »
Picked up a few gutter jobs over the last week or so as well as several regular window cleaning jobs without even trying and since I've only been going 6 months I'm pretty pleased.  ;)

sunshine windows

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 04:42:53 pm »
 ;D Happy days to one and all  ;D
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk