Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Colin Day

Blackberry or IPhone?
« on: April 25, 2010, 04:29:25 pm »
I'd really like something that I can put my appointments/bookings in.....

wayne zabel

Re: Blackberry or IPhone?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 04:31:49 pm »
Diary? ;D

derek west

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 04:33:22 pm »
diary.
then get a sony erricson satio, 12.1 meg camera on it, the picture quality is amazing which comes in handy for before and after shots.

wayne zabel

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 04:37:07 pm »
I was thinking more along a diary with paper sheets covered by boards with bookcloth covering them.

Then again I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to technology.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 06:17:48 pm »
BlackBerry by far. Also for the fact that you get emails while your out and u can reply tp them straight away etc Plus looks loads better.

The Iphone will drive you nuts! Fiddley to use the touch screen etc I threw mine out of the van window a few months ago!

You could also get a PDA for putting jobs in to.

But to be honest i use a good old fashioned diary :)

Tony

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 06:41:59 pm »
I use a Nokia e72, Diary, emails, sat nav, internet wap or wireless easy to connect to pc and will take a 16gig micro sd card for mp3s and files. easily last 2 days with heavy use, email checked every 15mins or whatever you choose and mp3 playing all day. Good all rounder for me and a querty keyboard.

Andy Foster

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 08:03:26 pm »
iPhone is great for this, also great for filling time when waiting for the chap who is supposed to meet you with the keys and forgot!

Paul Heath

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 08:10:28 pm »
i phone everytime...no end of apps available, i found operating the buttons on the blackberry a nightmare...alright i have got fingers the size of pork sausages...the touch key pad on the i phone.."simples"
Failing that if you buy a truckmount from John...speak to him nicely you get a free diary.. :D

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 08:40:13 pm »
Used/owned both, prefer the blackberry bold, both kids also have the curve, brother has both, prefers the curve for business, kids have the ipod touch, but never wanted the iphone. For appointments I just use a diary £10 from partners  :)

Steve Chapman

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 08:43:44 pm »
for me the iphone, also is better for bigger fingers  ;D

loads of apps, internet, email etc,

video on the go and decent size screen to see whats going on  !

regards
steve

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 08:46:09 pm »
I have blackberry but do not use it for diary.

Think about it how are you supposed to make an appointment with somebody on your phone when you are actually speaking to them on your phone?

Cheers Goron

Andy Foster

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 08:47:23 pm »
That's why God invented speakerphones!

I still carry a paper diary, but everything goes in the iPhone and is automatically synchronised with Outlook... many backups!

scrubadub

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 08:48:43 pm »
blackberry all the way, its a real business phone and they have come on leaps and bounds in the past few years, very easy to use and you can down load it all onto your computer at the end of the day.
Scrubadub Cleaning Services

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 11:46:28 pm »
Iphone all the way , and if there is a problem with it, just plug it in your MAC and it fixes itself

Daryl

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 11:49:38 pm »
Thats the problem right there! pluging it in to your MAC! lol lol

Wayne Dean

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 03:08:14 pm »
I have an iPhone 3gs and for me it wins by far, I have had 2 Blackberry and yes they are great phones but the iphone does everything the Blackberry can and a whole lot more. If you do go for the iphone then I would wait untill June/July as the new 4G model is released. It has been given a complete overhaul and looks the dogs dangilys!

All the best

Wayne

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 03:38:07 pm »
Colin,

Have a look at the HTC range of phones as another option to the Iphone.  I have the HERO.  Superb phone.

With the interaction of Google it automatically syncs your outlook Calendar to Google and to your phone.  Basically you have the Calendar in 3 versions.

Browsing, Apps, GPs.

Great bit of kit

Daz

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 06:53:01 pm »
bold 9700 love this phone get all my emails dont miss nothing,my daughter
has the Iphone regrets getting it,battery is total crap needs chargeing every day,
my blackberry needs it lasts for 3 days min  ;D :o
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Adam P

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 10:21:55 pm »
get an android phone like the htc hero!

peter maybury

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 11:17:07 pm »
I have just had a neat little samsung phone that holds 2 sim cards and saves me taking 2 phones out, as I do advertise different numbers in different areas. None of the service providers in the uk currently provide this phone but my phone guy supplied this as an upgrade.
Windows currently do a twin sim phone but there are big issues with the battery life ( about 4 hours ) so you need to carry a spare battery with you. ( might as well carry another phone ) The samsung will receive emails etc.
Supplied by Simon Clark Business telecoms  0790683069 if any one else is interested.

Peter Maybury
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com