Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Karl Inskip

Well...
« on: April 27, 2010, 12:26:12 am »
... Tomorrow will be my second week since i started my business. So far i have 7 customers, 6 which i do every 4 weeks and 1 which is every 6 weeks. These bring me a total of £68. Not much customers and not much money i know but everyone has to start somewhere ay! Also in the process of getting more leaflets printed out as i delivered quite a lot last thursday/friday which i received no calls from   :-\

Just wondering when you guys first started did you ever have any doubts that you might not get much customers, because i am starting to get these doubts but there is no way i'm going to give up. Just seeing what your thoughts are.

richywilts

Re: Well...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 12:37:42 am »
whilst ya waiting for the new ones go round the areas you leaflet dropped armed with one in ya hand n when they answer ask them did you recieve my leaflet??? would you be interested in  my service?? u may pick up a few jobs that just havent got round to ringing u. good luck mate
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

karygate

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 07:08:30 am »
i started with dropping 400 leaflets nearly three years ago. gave every new customer half a dozen cards to give friends. never knocked a door and now have over 200 good customers.
did do  part time job though first six months to keep me going.
gary

Tom White

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 09:00:08 am »
because i am starting to get these doubts but there is no way i'm going to give up. Just seeing what your thoughts are.

I think that's pretty normal.  Keep in mind that the more customers you have, the more you're out cleaning, the more people see you, the more times you get nabbed.  And also the more customers you have, the more word of mouth inquiries you'll get.

There's definitely a snowball effect with regards to getting customers.

But the above is a laid back approach to getting customers, leaflets and doorknocking will be your best tools.  I've been window cleaning for 8 years now, and I'll still door knock if I know I'm onto a good place where I know a window cleaner has dropped out.  I even knocked on about 40 doors last Saturday just to make sure I'd picked up all I could from one area.  I only got one job out of it, but it's a nice one.

paul rulton

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 09:16:36 am »
i was worried all the time  :(  but b4 i knew it i had more work than i could poke a stick at  ;D
that was 20years ago tho m8. pro b a bit different now, but it will happen m8  ;)